Just a random thoughts of my life ...

I'm just a person - a teacher who wants to enkindle kids hearts to Art . Who is my favorite artist ? -I would say God look around ! Our world is beautiful ! Here you can read my thoughts just a patches of ideas . maybe by the end you can create a big quilt and see the broad pictures of what i consider important in life .

Monday, February 12, 2007

Oprah's school and all about education

You know it's been awhile since I wrote here ....
Not much has change .
Not i want to let you know about my frustration of educational system, As you know I've beeen trying to get a job as an Art teacher . I'm subbing till i get the position .. Now I realize that being a sub is not easy .No don't get me wrong I can handle but honestly board of ed does not appreciate sub teachers .We come whatever they need us We got paid only 80 per day after taxes it's nothing .Yet most of the kids have no respect (Usually I'm being refer to just a sub ) well I got news ,I have teacher certification I'm a human being a person with name and demand respect fromstudents as well as staff .
You know recently Oprah said she will spend million dollars to build a school in Africa .Reporters ask her why not in US ? Well she said in Africa kids appreciate more they don't ask for toys but for clothes so they can go to school (most schools are private and not many can afford to go ) honestly kids in US (well most of them don't apritate school ) Teachers doing everything to make class more interesting .Still the way students talk to them ..... terrible ! I remember that one day a students was throwing papers as he aim for the trash he missed Laughing he did not bother to pick it up and put it in the trash . I was really upset ! his respond was that it's a janitor job to clean not his job and he refuse to pick up this papers from the floor . I stayed in class with him till he angrily pick them up. Well if I were a principal, I would tell this boy to clean up all the classrooms in schools follow Janitor and do exactly like he would do . Maybe then this particular boy would learn to respect others job . As janitor is important as any student any teacher of director of school . So I'm not surprise that Oprah wants to build school in Africa .Here students are begged to go to school everything is handed to them but in Africa there is a thirst, a thirst for knowledge . Same as in Honduras or any developing country .
I just hope kids here were start to appreciated more that they have free school system .

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

God is giving you an opportunity to grow in patience and humilty. As St. Therese says, "everything is a grace..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home